Top Benefits of Gelatin
Many people may be surprised to hear that Gelatin is one of the healthiest things one can consume. It has multiple health benefits and should certainly be a part of everyone’s diet plan. Read on for some of the reasons why gelatin is so essential to overall health and well-being, along with some ways it can be incorporated into anyone’s diet.
Quality is hugely important when choosing a gelatin product to incorporate into a person’s diet. Jell-o may be a sweet treat, but it will not provide any of the following benefits. The gelatin product may come flavored, but this kind will be purchased in the health food section.
Store-bought broths have very little gelatin and usually have a bunch of other ingredients that take away from the gelatin’s benefits. The best way to consume gelatin is for a person to make their own bone broth, then they can either drink the homemade broth by itself or use it in making a great vegetable soup.
The gelatin bought at supermarkets has no health benefits. Gelatin intended for consumption in an attempt to reap the things listed above needs to be from 100% grass-fed animals. There are a few different brands that offer gelatin like this that will be suitable for consumption for health purposes. Perfect Supplements is one such brand, but there are others available.
- Gelatin supports healthy skin and promotes the growth of hair and nails! Anyone suffering from minor skin issues (dryness, redness, itchiness), brittle hair, brittle nails, dehydrated nails, etc. should also consider taking a healthy dose of gelatin on a regular basis.
- Gelatin provides an easily assimiliable source of collagen to support the elasticity of skin. This makes and keeps skin feeling and looking younger, softer, and healthier.
- Gelatin also supports the mobility of bones and joints, and can help people recover faster from joint injuries. Many athletes rely on regular doses of gelatin to stay active and get back to being active after minor injuries.
- Gelatin can actually help aid in digestion! People who suffer from occasional, minor digestive issues like gas, bloating, or heartburn should consider adding gelatin into their diet. It can help improve and maintain overall digestive health and keep everything working smoothly.
- Gelatin also helps heal the gut, making it essential for anyone who suffers from leaky gut. Gelatin will help repair the lining in a person’s gut to restore their overall health.
- Gelatin provides 18 total amino acids, making it a great source! It’s an ideal way to take in a wide range of amino acids since it’s easy to consume and offers such a variety. The amino acid glycine contained in gelatin also helps fight inflammation. The amino acid glycine not only fights inflammation, it also helps promote better sleep habits. So, regularly restless sleepers should certainly consider incorporating a healthy dose of gelatin into their regular meal plan.
- Gelatin is also widely used by athletes and gym-goers alike because it helps people recover from exercise faster. As an easily digested protein, it gets needed nutrients to the muscles in no time.
- Gelatin also helps calms and soothes nerves and anxiety, which makes it a must-try for anyone who is suffering from butterflies in their stomach or even slightly more serious cases of anxiousness. This also due to the essential amino acid glycine.
- Gelatin can help stop bleeding from both internal and external wounds.
These reasons are all perfect motivators for incorporating more gelatin into a person’s diet, but one of the primary reason so many women consume gelatin is that it offers amazing benefits for the skin in addition to everything else. Countless women have ditched their collagen supplements in exchange for a healthy dose of gelatin each day because, in addition to gelatin being a good source of collagen, it also offers a multitude of other pros—and it can be eaten in the form of delicious soup.
Eating More Gelatin
Consuming more gelatin on a regular basis will get old quick if the only way to take it in is through soup and straight bone broth. Luckily there are some other ways a person can add it to their diet. Gelatin power (of high quality) can be purchased and added to a variety of different foods. Here are some ideas of how to do just that:
- Add gelatin to smoothies and shakes
- Add gelatin to tea of coffee
- Sprinkle some into soups and stews
- Add some to sauces and gravy
Gelatin can be made essential to any person’s health, no matter their age. For families looking to add gelatin into more meals that the kids will enjoy, top-shelf gelatin can be used to make all their favorite sweet treats and desserts. Kids will also benefit from better sleep and improved overall health just like adults, and they won’t even know they’re doing something good for their health when their sitting down to a delicious treat at the end of the day.
Best of all, there are no known ill effects from mixing gelatin into foods compared to drinking gelatin rich bone broth directly. While certain cooking processes could effect the amount of gelatin in the final product, consuming any amount of high-quality gelatin will give some benefits to the taker, and when sustained overtime, they will surely notice a difference in the overall health of their hair, nails, and skin.
Healing Hands Chiropractic and Health
At Healing Hands Chiropractic, located in Murfreesboro, TN, whole body health is our focus. Dr. Dee and her incredible staff want patients to live their best life possible. This is why nutrition and chiropractic go hand in hand. To start your wellness journey with Healing Hands Chiropractic, contact us today!