Signs Your Child May Need Chiropractic Care
Most parents invest in regular checkups for their children’s hearing, vision, eyes, and teeth, but many do not think of scheduling regular checkups for their child’s spine. The spine is an incredibly important part of the human body. It protects the central nervous system which is in charge of sending messages to and from all parts of the body, as well as controlling body function.
Any trauma, subluxations, or immobility in the spine can hinder the nerves’ abilities to communicate throughout the body. Fortunately for most children, the subluxations in their spines do not usually result in pain, though they might. These pain free subluxations are called silent subluxations. Left untreated, silent subluxations have many negative symptoms throughout the body.
These symptoms may include:
- Sleep issues
- Excessive crying
- Digestive issues
- Trouble breastfeeding
- Bed wetting
- Physical developmental delays
- Ear infections
- Poor posture
- Lack of energy
According to the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, “chiropractic care for children offers your family a solid foundation for wellness. Throughout pregnancy, birth, and childhood, the chiropractic lifestyle offers choices and benefits for your greater health and well-being.”
How Children Can Benefit from Chiropractic Treatment
To put it simply, the nervous system controls everything the body does. From the spinal cord are nerves that control every organ, gland, tissue, muscle, and cell in the entire body. Since the nervous system is housed within the spine, keeping the spine in alignment is crucial. One misalignment in the spine can result to many negative side effects for your child such as constipation, colic, allergies, ear infections, bed wetting, fussiness, trouble sleeping, reflux, anxiety, and more. Chiropractic focuses on removing these subluxations, allowing your child’s body to function at its peak!
Having a well-maintained and functioning nervous system is crucial for proper growth and development, especially for children who grow so rapidly! By helping pediatric patients keep their spine properly aligned, we believe we are helping them establish the foundation for a healthier life.
Children are incredibly active, and subluxations can easily occur with every bump, trip, fall, trampoline bounce, soccer kick, birth, etc. Children are also put under much more stress to perform these days. Whether it’s pressure on the sports field, academically, or emotionally, it impacts their bodies. The tightened muscles that are so often experienced with stress can also cause misalignments in their spines.
Dr. Dee will identify any subluxations in your child’s spine realign their spine with incredibly gentle adjustments. Here are Healing Hands Chiropractic’s top 5 reasons to bring your child in to see Dr. Dee:
- Pediatric chiropractic promotes proper growth and development
- Pediatric chiropractic allows a child’s nervous system and spine to grow without interference, keeping children healthier
- Pediatric chiropractic boosts children’s immune systems and encourages better digestive health (including reducing the symptoms of colic and constipation)
- Pediatric chiropractic encourages nerve and brain development, promoting proper perception and awareness
- Pediatric chiropractic allows parents to be proactive about their children’s health rather than reactive
Contact Healing Hands Chiropractic today to get started:
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic?
Dr. Dee and the entire staff at Healing Hands Chiropractic look at treating the whole patient, not just the symptoms of a problem. With this in mind, there are so many benefits of chiropractic care for kids. Here are 10 of our top benefits kids experience from regular chiropractic care.
- Children are constantly growing and regular chiropractic care keeps their spines aligned and alleviates extra pressure on bones and joints as they grow.
- Immune support is boosted with each chiropractic adjustment.
- Chiropractic offers a natural treatment for common ailments such as ear infections, congestion, allergies, and more. This keeps over the counter medications and prescriptions medications, along with their harmful side effects, at bay.
- Children play hard and regular chiropractic adjustments ensure their falls, bumps, and adventures don’t harm them long term.
- Better sleep is a proven result of regular chiropractic adjustments. A properly aligned spine releases any tension that may be hindering their sleep patterns.
- Kiss colic goodbye with regular chiropractic care. Babies go through intense trauma during the birthing process, and often times it leads to subluxations which can lead to colic. Dr. Dee can identify and gently remove these subluxations.
- Improved concentration is another benefit of chiropractic care for kids. A properly aligned spine allows the nervous system to fire on all cylinders, including the brain.
- Decreased asthma symptoms are another benefit of chiropractic care. As pinched and misaligned nerves are corrected, the bronchial tubes, lungs, and diaphragm are opened up and asthma symptoms improve.
- Higher breastfeeding success can occur with regular chiropractic care. Birth is a hard process on both mom and baby, leading to misalignments in the neck and shoulders, often making it difficult for babies to nurse. Dr. Dee can gently adjust baby to remove these subluxations, making nursing easier.
- Chiropractic care can improve digestive issues for many kids. A properly aligned spine can relieve ailments such as constipation, gas, and diarrhea.
We Can Help With Your Child’s Chiropractic Needs
With more than 8 years experience in the chiropractic field, Dr. Dee is an expert at identifying subluxations in children. Her incredible knowledge of the chiropractic field makes her a great choice for all of your pediatric chiropractic needs. She can help your child get the best chiropractic care available in Murfreesboro, TN!