The neck, also known as the cervical spine, starts at the base of the skull and contains seven small vertebrae. The neck supports the full weight of the head — averaging in at 12 pounds. The neck is amazing, as it allows the head to turn in just about every direction. This mobility and flexibility also leaves it at risk for injury and pain.
According to the Mayo Clinic, symptoms of neck pain may include:
- Pain that’s worsened by holding your head in one place for extended periods of time
- Muscle tightness
- Muscle spasms
- Limited range of motion
- Back pain
Neck pain is one of the most common symptoms doctors of chiropractic treat. The American Chiropractic Association states these are some of the common causes of neck pain:
- Injury and Accidents: Whiplash is a common injury that leads to neck pain. It can cause muscles to tighten, spasm, or strain. If you suspect you have whiplash due to a car accident or injury, the sooner you can be seen, the better. Most doctors recommend getting treated within 24 hours of the incident.
- Growing Older: Degenerative disorders that occur with age directly impact the neck and spine’s health.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a common joint disorder that leads to progressive deterioration of cartilage. When this happens, the body responds by forming bone spurs that limit range of motion and may cause pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis is a condition in which the nerve passageways in the vertebrae narrow. This compresses and traps nerve roots, causing neck, shoulder, and arm pain. It may even cause numbness.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: DDD causes discs to bulge or herniate. This can lead to numbness, tingling, or pain that radiates into the arm.
- Stress: When you’re stressed, it causes the muscles in your neck to tighten. This creates trigger points along your neck that can lead to pain.
- Daily Life: The neck is used every second of every day. Poor posture, obesity, poor balance, bad sleep positions, you name it — they can also lead to neck pain.
Chiropractic care seeks to treat neck pain at its source. Neck pain is not normal, and shouldn’t be accepted as a daily part of your life. Read on for how chiropractic care treats neck pain!
How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help Treat Neck Pain
Neck pain is not normal, and should not be accepted as part of your day to day life. At Healing Hands Chiropractic, located in Murfreesboro, TN., Dr. Dee can treat your neck pain at its source. Using highly-skilled spinal manipulation and holistic treatment options, Dr. Dee can help you get back to living your best life and away from dealing with neck pain. Your neck pain evaluation with Dr. Dee may include:
Medical History Evaluation- Dr. Dee will perform a physical examination and medical history in order to help determine the source of your neck pain. This information is valuable in getting to know each patient and correcting ailments at their source.
Individualized Treatment Plan- Each patient at Healing Hands Chiropractic is treated like family. We create individualized treatment plans for our patients, because each patient and their pain is different. After conducting a complete physical and medical history, Dr. Dee will sit down and discuss treatment plan options with you. This plan’s purpose is to address and correct the cause of your neck pain, so you can live your best life!
Chiropractic Adjustments- Spinal manipulation has proven time and time again to safely, naturally, and effectively treat neck pain and other common ailments. By realigning the spine, adjustments make it possible for the nervous system to function as it should. This taps the body’s innate ability to heal itself!
At Home Exercises- Dr. Dee may recommend certain stretches or exercises to continue at home in order to help your neck pain disappear, once and for all. These exercises will help restore range of motion to impacted areas.
At Healing Hands Chiropractic, we believe in the power of chiropractic and the body’s innate ability to heal itself. Through spinal manipulation and chiropractic treatment, Dr. Dee can address your neck pain at its source. Over the counter and prescription medications do not address the cause of neck pain, they simply mask its symptoms.
Do not settle for a life of recurring neck pain! Contact our offices today.
Contact Healing Hands Chiropractic today to get started:
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic?
- Relieves aches and pains
- Treats the source of the pain, not the symptoms
- Holistic approach to modern medicine
- Personalized care plans
- Increases joint function
- Helps women have healthier and easier pregnancies
- Improves and corrects posture
- Improves mental health and mood
- Provides patients with more restful sleep
- Boosts energy levels
- Cost effective alternative to modern medicine
Healing Hands Chiropractic Can Help
Dr. Dee and Healing Hands Chiropractic is consistently voted one of Murfreesboro, TN’s favorite chiropractic offices. Their high level of patient care, incredible knowledge of chiropractic, and years of experience make Healing Hands a great choice for all your chiropractic needs.
Do not accept neck pain as a part of your daily life. Pain is an indication from your body that something is wrong! Let Dr. Dee find the source of your pain, and correct it with chiropractic care.
We happily treat patients of all ages, with all ranges of symptoms. Whether you’ve landed on this page because you’re experiencing neck pain or because you are interested in the many benefits of chiropractic, we are so glad you’re here.
Call Healing Hands Chiropractic today to schedule your consultation and appointment today! (615) 203-3505 We look forward to walking on this holistic journey to wellness with you and your family.
Healing Hands Chiropractic proudly serves Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Nolensville, Bell Buckle, and all other areas of Middle Tennessee! Come see the best chiropractor in Murfreesboro at Healing Hands Chiropractic!